Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Richard Seymour has been named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for Week 16

Richard Seymour, DT, Oakland Raiders
Raiders DT Richard Seymour has been named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for Week 16 after blocking two field goal attempts – one to preserve a 3-3 tie at halftime and one to force overtime in a 13-13 game versus the Chiefs. “As cold as it was, actually one hit my wrist and then the other one kind of hit my forearm,” said Seymour. “Anything to keep our season alive, I think it’s what we have to do at this point. So it’s a big game coming up against San Diego. As great as the honors are, our focus is really on finishing up strong come this last game of the season.”
Seymour, who is known more for his presence on the defensive line pressuring quarterbacks and giving offensive lines a hard time, made himself known on special teams by making two key plays in Kansas City to give the Raiders an opportunity to win in overtime. “I give my teammates and my coaches a lot of credit, they put me in the right position to make plays,” said Seymour. “I couldn’t be the player that I am without Tommy Kelly and the guys beside me.”
The 11-year veteran, now in his third year with the Silver and Black, has 479 career tackles and 54.5 sacks. In 2011, Seymour has tallied 6.0 sacks and 27 tackles.
Seymour has also been named to his seventh Pro Bowl. He earned five straight Pro Bowl selections as a member of the New England Patriots from 2002-06. He was a Pro Bowl alternate in 2010.
By Tony Gonzales, Raiders.com


GO DAWGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment