Saturday, November 24, 2012

Richard Seymour donates 150 meals for Thanksgiving

Source:  SFGate.com

Raiders defensive tackle Richard Seymour donated 150 meals to Columbian Gardens Food Pantry in Oakland for Thanksgiving with the help of the Alameda County Community Food Bank. Seymour, with his mom, wife, and kids, then visited the pantry to help distribute the meals to those in need.

Lurlean Jackson started the pantry out of her garage down the street about 35 years ago. She later moved to the current location on Koford Road in Oakland and serves families Monday through Friday, as well as special distributions around the holidays.

"Thanksgiving to me is very special," Seymour told Raiders.com. "It's one of my favorite holidays of the year. Just wanted to show my connection to the city of Oakland because Oakland has supported not only myself, but also the Oakland Raiders. We definitely wanted to show the tie. It's just a great time of year. You don't want anyone to be hungry. I'm blessed to be a blessing; I don't take that lightly at all. I just wanted to show my appreciation to the less fortunate. Any way that we could help, it's just a small token of my appreciation."

No comments:

Post a Comment